The War Memorial Opera House is a 333,000 square feet building originally completed in 1936. The major seismic retrofit designed by EQE International was a fast tracked project which consisted of extensive concrete, shotcrete and structural steel applications. 20,000 drilled-in dowels were placed during the retrofit. The project was on a time critical schedule demanding the provision and management of appropriate staff on a round-the-clock basis. The annex portion had End-line supplied seismic dampers installed in the walls required fabrication inspection in Chicago, Illinois and Buffalo, New York.
Signet provided off-site structural steel fabrications inspections and triple shift on-site structural steel welding inspections. Other inspections included reinforcing steel placement inspection, concrete placement inspection, proof load testing of dowels and anchors, shotcrete, high strength bolting and the placement inspection of epoxy adhesive finishes on steel plates.