This position requires an entry or senior level Special Inspector with current certifications by the International Code Council, American Welding Society, and American Concrete Institute. This position will perform as an entry to lead inspector on various projects responsible for the inspection and documentation of construction in the areas of building code compliance, concrete, pre-stress concrete, shotcrete, masonry, steel, fireproofing, waterproofing, and roofing. Ability to properly interpret construction documents and prepare well-written and concise reports capturing all necessary elements is required.
A successful candidate must be able to properly follow directions, perform in a responsible manner with minimal oversight and foster professional relationships with customers, contractors and fellow employees. Additional experience as outlined below is preferred:
- Experience with commercial, K-12 schools and/or hospitals located in the State of California.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Construction experience for projects ranging in value from $1 million to $250 million.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience with non-conformance tracking, punch list preparation, attendance at site meetings.
- Self-motivated and results driven. Consistently able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
We are seeking both union and non-union affiliated inspectors.